1.1.10

Nascar Race Car Cake

I was pretty sick when I was told that I needed to make a cake with less than a days notice, for a surprise birthday party. I was ecstatic about the theme of the cake. I have been wanting to make a race car-type cake for quite some time, but never had a reason to; until now.

I set up the fondant and quickly sketched out what I wanted the cake to look like. I was too limited on time to create what I really wanted to, so I had to stick with a traditional-style cake. The flavor of the cake was carrot cake, with butter-cream frosting. I used fondant to make the car and the blacktop.

I made the little Nascar race car out of green fondant, and let it set for a bit before applying the details. I rolled out each 'decal' and cut them with a knife. I also cut out the number 18, with a knife and placed them all on the car. After they had time to set I used a little bit of food coloring to write on the decals and make them look more like adds. I employed my little sister to help me do the base layer of white frosting to the cake. I rolled out some black fondant and cut it to the approximate shape that I desired. After laying the blacktop down on the cake, I mixed the green into the butter-cream frosting and pipped the grass onto the cake. Shortly after that the cake was finished and heading off to surprise an 18 year old female-Nascar fanatic!

 



Photographs are © Copyright to me (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on blogs, websites, or in other media without advance written permission from me.

No comments: