1.1.10

Disney Cars Racetrack Cake






Disney Cars Racetrack Beach Cake


This cake was sure fun to make!  I got to combine a beach scene with Disney’s Cars racing on a dirt racetrack.  The client was a little boy who loved the ocean and the new Cars movie.

In order to make this cake work I decided to add a bunker and line of continual sand dunes across the beach front which separates the racetrack from the actual beach.  There are three different types of sandy beach course sugar mixtures that make up the beach and dirt.  The racetrack is made with raw brown sugar, graham cracker crumbs, and crushed chocolate Oreo cookies.  The next lightest sand area is raw sugar with a brown food coloring and graham crackers.  The lightest sandy are is made with a mixture of course raw sugar and white sugar.
 
I used butter-cream frosting that I separated into three bowls and made green, white, and blue.  The green I used for the grass, and the blue and white for the sea waves.  Candied chocolate rocks litter the beach and racetrack to add even more detail.  The two cars are toys.

Photographs are © Copyright to me (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on blogs, websites, or in other media without advance written permission from me.

No comments: