1.1.10

"Fore!" Golf Cake


 Golf Course Cake

I made this for a 50th birthday for a man who loves golf.  The birds are made of white fondant as is the green turtle and tree log.  The water hazard is made out of an edible sparkle gel that was piped over a dark brown frosting layer (to add depth).  The trees are made of royal icing, I piped them out about 24 hours in advance in order to let them dry before layering them and placing them on the cake (they were hard).
The white golf balls and flag head is made with white fondant.  The rod that the flag is attached to is made with an uncooked piece of spaghetti pasta that I covered in brown fondant.  The sand trap is made with edible “sand” (course raw sugar and white sugar).

I must apologize for the low quality photos; I had to quickly take them before delivering the cake.

 



Photographs are © Copyright to me (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on blogs, websites, or in other media without advance written permission from me.

No comments: