1.1.10

Carrot Cake

This cake was made for a carrot lover. The cake is carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. I let the frosting dry enough so that I could create some texture on the surface, by pressing a paper towel along the surface of the cake. I then made some royal icing and divided/colored it appropriately. I pipped out my carrots with the royal icing and let them harden over night. I used icing to decorate the cake with a couple of different borders.

Carrot Cake

2 cups sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups grated carrots
1 1/3 vegetable oil
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup drained crushed pineapple
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract

Preparation:

Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add carrots, oil, and eggs. Beat until well mixed. Stir in remaining ingredients. Put batter in two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 1 hour.

Cream Cheese Frosting:
Makes about 2 cups
8 oz. fat free cream cheese
8 tbsp or 1 stick butter, cut into pieces, at room temperature
1 c confectioners' sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions: Start with beating the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Then beat all of these ingredients together until well mixed and as fluffy as you can make it.


Photographs are © Copyright to me (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on blogs, websites, or in other media without advance written permission from me.

No comments: