1.1.10

Independence Day

This year for the 4th of July I had a pretty big party. It ended up being a large potluck, and quite a success too! I only made 50 cupcakes and a few dozen cookies, becuase I thought that most everyone else would bring desserts, since they are quite easy -- I was wrong. Most of the other guests brought chips and veggie trays, and other random finger foods. Needless to say, however, is that desserts were in high demand. my cookies disappeared faster than any of the other food items, and my cupcakes followed suit shortly thereafter. The cookies were not that special really. I used butter-cream frosting and pipped on stripes and stars. And i didn't decorate the snicker-doodles at all.
The cupcakes were a different story! I really enjoyed creating the cupcakes. They were vanilla-flavored cupcakes with a special colorful-surprise inside them. I layered each cupcake with red white and blue, heavy on the white. I have found that the older people get, the less they enjoy heavily colored foods, so I tried to make the cupcakes with about 50 percent white (or non-colored cake batter).
To get the bi-colored frosting, I put two colors of frosting in a single pipe bag. I then swirled the two-toned butter-cream on top of the cupcakes. After all that was done I put a single blue piped-on-star on top of each cupcake.
Happy Independence Day everyone!
 



Photographs are © Copyright to me (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on blogs, websites, or in other media without advance written permission from me.
 

1 comment:

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

awesome photo and colors of the cupcakes!